I finally got my hands on some Yupo paper and I have to say from how it reacted with this technique it is a very cool product.
The background distress painting turned out beautifully. I used broken china, salty ocean, peeled paint, forest moss and antiqued bronze. Then distress inks were added, spotted with water and dried.
Slate and Mushroom Alcohol inks were spread on the Yupo. One of the stamps from the Evolution set was used with Black & Hickory Smoke Archival Ink., the image was wiped and appeared. The resist technique worked- its really fascinating! A Dylusions Stencil was used to remove the alcohol ink. I must have used too much because at the top of the image the squares aren't very defined. But, as I went on the resist technique became more defined.
If I had black alcohol ink the image would have "popped" more. The resisted background takes on a bluish hue that really compliments the base - Thanks Tim for the inspiration!